POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : McIntosh in the Kitchen new version : McIntosh in the Kitchen new version Server Time
10 Aug 2024 05:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  McIntosh in the Kitchen new version
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 30 Sep 2004 04:01:43
Message: <415bbd67@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,
I wanted to improve my McIntosh image, mostly the table material and the
tubes filaments light emission.
I had to fiddle with radiosity settings. filaments are just high ambient
textured stacked tori, (20  ,2 per valve, arealights should take forever to
trace and point lights should be unrealistic)
I used save & load radiosity data (as found on Jaime's page
http://www.ignorancia.org/t_tips.php ) with higher ambient for the filaments
during the pretrace
I am still not quite satisfied: lighting by filaments is uneven.

Modeled with Moray with some  Luis' DirectCode plugin additions and directly
exported and rendered in Megapov 1.1

A larger version can be found here:
http://marc.jacquier.free.fr/Pics/Stock/Autres/mcintoshhdri4.png

Comments & advices are welcome as usual :-)

Marc

here are my radiosity settings

#declare use_rad=2;
global_settings{

 #if (use_rad)
 radiosity{
  // save settings: modified Outdoor settings from rad_def.inc
  #if (use_rad=1)

    brightness      1
    count           1300
    error_bound    1
    gray_threshold   0.0
    low_error_factor 0.6
    minimum_reuse    .015
    nearest_count  5
    recursion_limit  1

      adc_bailout      0.05
      max_sample       -1.0
      media            off
      normal           on
      always_sample    1

      pretrace_start   0.08
      pretrace_end     0.02

    save_file "rad-save-load.rad"
  #else
    // load settings
    pretrace_start 1 pretrace_end 1
    load_file "rad-save-load.rad"
    error_bound 1  // it's important to specify the same value used to save
data
    recursion_limit 1  // also the same if specified
    always_sample off  // no more samples: specially useful with focal blur
  #end
 }
 #end
}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mcintoshhdri4_800_600.jpg' (90 KB)

Preview of image 'mcintoshhdri4_800_600.jpg'
mcintoshhdri4_800_600.jpg